Events Guide

Use this guide to identify venues and resources within Georgia State University and to familiarize yourself with internal policy, forms and procedures related to planning and executing events.


Contracts and agreements related to events with non-GSU entities should be entered into by the Board of Regents on behalf of Georgia State University and the Robinson College of Business. Individual faculty and staff should not sign contracts. All contracts require a contract routing form as well as review and approval from GSU Legal Affairs. The routing form is approved by the department chair or head, dean (see note below), and Office of Legal Affairs. All contracts of $25,000 or more in Georgia State University expenditures or revenues must be reviewed and signed by Jerry Rackliffe, senior vice president for finance and administration.

Approval Routing

Ralph Kahlan, Nate Bennett and Dean Phillips are the three authorized signatories for the Robinson College. Once the routing form has been signed by the department chair or head, then please route your contract, if it’s less than $25,000, to Ralph Kahlan. If Ralph is unavailable, route the contract to either Nate Bennett or Dean Phillips. For contracts $25,000 and over, route to Jerry Rackliffe instead of Ralph Kahlan.

Contracts Resources

Serving Alcohol

The university adheres to strict guidelines regarding the service of alcohol. A Request to Serve Alcohol form must be completed and signed by the dean, the caterer serving the alcohol and building manager of the event facility. For events with more than 75 possible attendees or where alcohol will be served for more than two hours, a signature must be obtained from the university police chief or designee stating a police officer(s) will be in attendance at the event. Hand deliver the completed request to the Office of Legal Affairs for approval at least two weeks prior to the event.

Questions regarding the service of alcohol should be directed to GSU Legal Affairs at 404-413-0500.

Alcohol Policy Quick Links

Planning an Event: Getting Started

GSU’s Student Center has online event planning resources including an Event Planning Checklist »

Online Registration

The Robinson College has an Eventbrite account to provide (free) online registration for all of your events. Eventbrite will process credit card transactions, manage databases and generate reports. Contact Diane Moore for more information.

Georgia State University Venues

GSU Student Center

Rental of the student center and university center is free for GSU departments and student organizations, as long as there is no sponsorship money involved in putting on the event and there is no attendance charge. A/V equipment is offered at a discounted rate as well. All catered food must be provided through University Dining Services (a.k.a. PantherDining) or an approved caterer. Sodexho Food Services has the catering contract for the Student Center and University Center, and a menu is available to download. It is possible to bring in an outside caterer if a Food Waiver Request is submitted and approved by Boyd Beckwith, the director of the Student Center. If an outside caterer is used, then 5% of the total catering bill will be payable to the Student Center. For more information on Sodexho/PantherDining, contact 404-413-9601.

For more information or to inquire about space availability, contact Event Management, 305 Student Center East, at [email protected] or 404-413-1870.

Student Center Quick Links

The Rialto Center for the Performing Arts

80 Forsyth Street

Just like the Student Center, the rental of space at the Rialto is free for departments and student organizations, as long as there is no paid sponsorship or ticket sales associated with the event.

Rialto Center Quick Links

Robinson College of Business

The Manners Room (seventh floor), Savannah Room (fourth floor), and conference rooms located on the third, sixth, 11th and 13th floors are available to reserve. Contact [email protected].

Indian Creek Lodge and Recreation Area

Indian Creek Lodge is an off-campus facility that offers a large swimming pool and snack bar, a large rustic Indian Creek Lodge, picnic grounds, a sand volleyball court, tennis courts and a Challenge Program ropes course. It is located in Stone Mountain, about 20 minutes from the downtown campus.

Indian Creek Quick Links

Rental of Classrooms at GSU

Classrooms can be reserved in the downtown campus including the Aderhold Learning Center, General Classroom Building and Classroom South (a full list of classrooms is provided below.) Reservations are processed through the GSU Registrar’s Office.

Classroom Rental Quick Links

Satellite Office Classroom Rental

Classrooms may also be reserved in the college’s satellite offices.

Buckhead Center
Buckhead event space rental
Alpharetta Center
Alpharetta event space rental (internal clients)
Alpharetta event space rental (external clients)
Peachtree Dunwoody
Peachtree Dunwoody event space rental

Rental of Dormitories

Dorm rooms can be rented in the University Commons located on the downtown campus.

Watch a virtual video tour or contact 404-413-1800 for more information.

Publicizing Your Event on Campus

Fill out a PantherVision Content Display Request to display your event information on the plasma screens located in the Robinson College, Alpharetta Center, Aderhold Learning Center, Buckhead Center and Peachtree Dunwoody Center.
Note: Panthervision submission is currently unavailable pending a system upgrade. Contact Andrea Judy at [email protected] or 404-413-7080 for more information.
GSU events calendar at
Contact Bobbin Wages »
Robinson College events calendar at
Contact Bobbin Wages »
Display cases in Robinson College building
Contact Jodie Harper at [email protected] or 404-413-7003 to display flyers in the display cases located next to the elevators on each floor.
Student Media
The Signal, GSU’s student newspaper, will advertise your events and Album 88, the student-run radio station, will announce PSAs.
Display Areas & Information Tables
Display cases in the University Center, poster display areas in the Student Center and banner display areas in the Student Center and around campus may be reserved by chartered student organizations and university departments to promote university activities. Learn more »
  • Flyers can be displayed at the information desk located on the first floor of the GSU Student Center.
  • Flyers can be left in the mailboxes of all GSU student organizations.The mailboxes are located on the third floor of the Student Center in the Student Life Office.
  • Distribute flyers to the satellite campuses and offices via the mailboxes located in the dean’s office supply area.
  • The General Classroom building and Classroom South have bulletin boards located throughout the building for posting flyers.

University Resources

Auxiliary and Support Services provides the following resources:

Parking on campus
Requests for visitor parking on campus can be made by submitting this online form »
Panther Express Shuttle
The Panther Express Shuttle is managed by GSU Auxiliary Services. Buses may be rented for excursions on and off campus. Fill out the Panther Express Reservation Form »
GSU Mail Services
General information about services including an Online Check Request Form for bulk mail.
GSU Office of Safety and Risk Management
Occasionally you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Insurance for proof of insurance.
Campus Printers
Contact University Printing & Copy Corner »

GSU Public Relations and Marketing Communications creates image-building, branding, and promotional and marketing materials that positively position the university. Some of their resources include:

Submit the Request a Photographer form to schedule a photo shoot.
Read about our procedures and prices »
A Model Release must be obtained from people whose images are used on the website, in print, on a CD-ROM/DVD, or other form of media.
Graphic Design Services
Contact Ellen Powell at 404-413-2000.

GSU Police
GSU police are available for event security as well as traffic control. Complete an Event Security Request Form to arrange for police services. The charge is $35/hour, and there is a four-hour minimum.
Campus Map
View a Georgia State campus map »
Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption

State of Georgia Exemption of the Hotel/Motel Tax form (Located on page 2.)

Contact Gordon Vernick, a GSU faculty member of the music department, to arrange for students and/or faculty to play at events at [email protected] or 404-413-5922.
GSU Archivist
Laurel Bowen oversees GSU’s archives, which include special collections of photography and the history of the University.